all veterans are marked by the experience of war, some carry physical
and psychological injuries, while others encounter employment and
financial problems related.
Fortunately, there are numerous resources available to support veterans, as well as their family members, and ease the transition from active duty to civilian life. Below are a number of federal, state and county agencies that offer resources to assist veterans in the Seattle region.
If you should encounter any problems or have additional questions, you can always contact Jim’s Seattle office for assistance at 206-553-7170.
• U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
• VA Puget Sound Health Care System
206-762-1010 or 1-800-329-8387
• Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS)
• Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
Seattle Service Center: 1-877-249-0516
• WA National Guard Family Programs
• King County Veterans’ Program
• Seattle Vet Center (Veterans' Readjustment Counseling Center)
2030 9th Avenue, 2nd Floor